Welcome to NACT UK
NACT UK is a members’ organisation supporting & representing local leaders who deliver medical & dental education in the four countries of the UK.
The “premier place” for practical educational ideas & advice.
Learn & share across specialties, regions and countries.
Who can join?
Anyone with a role in medical & dental education in any setting, whether undergraduate, postgraduate or CPD, is welcome. This includes:
- Leaders e.g. Deans, Directors, Tutors, Faculty Leads etc.
- Trainers e.g. Supervisors, trainers, teachers, skills/simulation trainers etc.
- Managers e.g. Medical Education & Programme Managers, Deanery / LETB staff etc.
- Support Services e.g. careers, support units, coaching & mentoring etc.
What do we offer?
- Professional development opportunities for our members to enhance their teaching, organisational and leadership skills in the expanding field of medical & dental education.
- Opportunities for members to share resources, challenges & experiences between regions & countries to maintain consistency & ensure shared strategic visions.
- Passing on of members’ views, concerns and achievements at all National educational committees.
- A Library of shared resources for members, including those for members new to the role.
How do we do it?
- NACT UK is invited to represent members’ views, concerns and achievements at all national educational committees e.g. GMC, HEE, AoMRC, NHSE, Royal Colleges etc.
- Conferences – 2 day Annual Spring Meeting and one day Winter Meeting
- Special Interest groups e.g. SAS Tutors, FP Directors
- Leadership in Medical Education courses – CorBLIME for those new to role and MorBLIME for the more established leaders
- Focused one day workshops – small events focusing on specific topic areas
- Written guidance & documents & regular email cascades
- Access to Clinical Teacher online free – collaboration with ASME
- In-house newsletter Clinical Tutor
- Website, discussion groups and web-based forums to enable networking
- Council consists of representatives from all regions & countries who connect with regional members, and representation from Special Interest Groups
- Annual travelling fellowship to USA established through our international links
Registered charity No.295172
Feedback to NACT UK:
'I just wanted to say a big thank you for last week’s winter meeting. It really was a fantastic day – hugely thought provoking, inspiring and informative.' - 29th November 2018
'I just want to say thank you to you both for (yet another) well organised meeting with excellent content. Well done!' - 28th November 2018
'Great 2 days at corBLIME course. Great to meet other educators and understand the theory behind what we all do (and how to do it better). Huge thanks to all including ' - 4th October 2018